As part of the Sixth International Conference on Emerging Research Paradigms in Business and Social Sciences and in line with one of the key values of the Centre for Innovation in Human Experience (CIHx) at Middlesex University Dubai, we organised an exciting panel discussion, that explored the role of policy, law, and ethics within technological innovation. Main themes of the discussion included the legality of autonomous AI, the role of education in the context of the future, financial implications, and environmental considerations. Given the multidisciplinary nature of the topic and the diverse backgrounds of our expert panel, the session was broad in its scope and covered various topics within the concept of “humanising” technology, including practical suggestions for incorporating these values.
The panel included experts across various disciplines –
- Dr. Tenia Kyriazi – Deputy Director Academic Operations at Middlesex University Dubai, UAE
- Dr. Eduard Fosch-Villaronga – Assistant Professor at eLaw- Center for Law and Digital Technologies, University of Leiden, Netherlands
- Paul Kayrouz – Head of Fintech, Blockchain & Emerging Technologies at PwC Middle East
- Prof. William Wong – Professor of Human-Computer Interaction, and Head Interaction Design Centre at Middlesex University London, UK
- Dr. Fehmida Hussain – Head of Center for Innovation in Human Experience (CIHx), Associate Professor at Middlesex University Dubai, UAE
Moderated by: Dr. Sameer Kishore